(24 Mar 1632 - 1701)
ArrivalOn the John and Dorothy or the Rose of Yarmouth. The 2 ships sailed together, passenger lists were combined.
CivilDaughter's death, she drowned, there was a court hearing with Martha Bliss Ide as a witness to the accidental death.
ProbateJane Metcalf was born March 24 1632 somewhere at Saint Edmunds Norwich, Norfolk, England. She and her family emigrated to America, her father Michael was 'persecuted' by Bishop Wren. Jane was in Massachusetts when she was 5 years old. She married Philip Walker they had children, they lost 2 children to tragic accidents. Jane was a widow at age 47 then married 2nd John Polley.
1. FamilySearch.org. England births and christenings 1538-1975 database, FamilySearch.org, 3 March 2017, Indexing Project (Batch) number C04824-1, System Origin England-ODMGS, FHL 993665.
2. Banks, Charles. The Planters of the Commonwealth, Heritage Books, Westminster MC 2006, Page 185 Jane Metcalfarrival at 5 yers old.
3. New Plymouth Colony. Records of the Colony of New Plymouth, In New England. Boston: Press of W. White, 1855, Volume 3-4 page 83, 84.
4. Ancestry.com, Massachusetts Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., Provo, UT, USA, 2011, Roxbury Records Births, Marriages, Deaths, 1630-1785; Vol. 1 page 123 handwritten.
5. Ancestry.com. Massachusetts, Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991, Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015., Bristol County Probate Records 1690-1881 Register of Probate Bristol, Massachusetts .
6. Ancestry.com. Massachusetts, Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991, Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015., Bristol County Probate Records 1690-1881 Register of Probate Bristol, Massachusetts .
7. Abstracts of Bristol County, Massachusetts Probate Records, 1687-1745, Volume 2 page 24 and 25.