(13 Sep 1747 - 16 Mar 1793)
MarriageMartha is his first of three wives, a distant Angell cousin.
Residence- while we consider the character of Israel Angell let us not forget the sweet and enduring influence of Martha, his capable and patriotic wife, who safeguarded their home and children with unswerving devotion to her family and her country-.
Civil"I give nothing to my two daughters, Namely Sarah Eddy and Martha Angell by reason they had their portions given them when married."
DeathOn Sunday, the 16th instant, departed this Life, at Johnston, in the 47th Year of her Age, Mrs. Martha Angell, the amiable Comfort of Col. Israel Angell, of that Town; and on Tuesday following her Remains were decently interred.
Burial"May 4, 1918 a monument was presented for the moved remains of Israel and Martha. Originally they were in Scituate, the Rhode Island Society of SAR apparently sponsored the move and the monument now at Providence, North Burial Ground."
1. Descendants of Roger Williams (Name: Roger Williams Family Association;), Descendants of Roger Williams, Generation Four, 159..
2. Lovell, Louise Lewis. Israel Angell: Colonel of the 2nd Rhode Island Regiment. New York: The Knickerbocker press (G.P. Putnam's sons), 1921, Page 16.
3. Lovell, Louise Lewis. Israel Angell: Colonel of the 2nd Rhode Island Regiment. New York: The Knickerbocker press (G.P. Putnam's sons), 1921, Page 45 As A Citizen.
4. Arnold, James N., Vital record of Rhode Island 1636-1850, a family register for the people Narragansett Historical, Providence, Rhode Island 1891, Volume 15 page 470 image 528 of 635.
5. Find A Grave online indexed database, https://www.findagrave.com, North Burial Ground, Providence, Providence County, Rhode Island, USA, Memorial 11630023.
6. Rhode Island Historic Cemetery Commission. Online database. http://www.rihistoriccemeteries.org/Default.aspx, Angell, Martha ID 127772 North Burial Ground Cememtery.