(December, 1622 - November, 1676)
|Birth||December, 1622||Daventry, Northamptonshire, England|
|Marriage||1647||Massachusetts, British America - Nicholas Ide|
|Civil||June 8, 1649|
|Death||November, 1676||Rehoboth, British America|
|Burial||November 3, 1676|
ArrivalThere's no arrival source for Martha but she would have arrived with her dad Thoma Bliss and his 2nd wife who may have been Widow Ide whose son she would marry in 1647, Nicholas Ide
MarriageNicholas Ide married a woman named Martha, it's probable Nicholas married Martha Bliss, with no actual marriage records or records stating Martha's last name.
CivilThomas Bliss's will, he mentions Nicholas ide, son in law or step son. Thomas Bliss probably married Widow Ide, mom of Nicholas.
CivilMartha was one who discovered the body of Elizabeth Walker 2 yers old, drowned in a river. Plymouth Court had a hearing and ruled it was an accident. This child was of Philip and Jane Metcalf Walker, their son Samuel would marry Martha Ide daughter of Nicholas and Martha Bliss Ide.
BurialMartha's burial place is unknwon but 2 solid sources verify her burial date.
1. AmericanAncestors.org. New England marriages to 1700 database, Boston, NEHGS, 2008., Volume 2 page 833.
2. Society of Mayflower Descendants (Mass.). The Mayflower Descendant. Boston: The Massachusetts Society of Mayflower descendants, 1899, Volume 8 page 85.
3. New Plymouth Colony. Records of the Colony of New Plymouth, In New England. Boston: Press of W. White, 1855, Volume 3-4 page 83, 84.
4. Arnold, James N. Vital Record of Rehoboth, 1642-1896: Marriages, Intentions, Births, Deaths. Providence, R.I.: Narragansett historical publishing company, 1897, Page 839.
5. Find A Grave online indexed database, https://www.findagrave.com, Unknown, Memorial 39395974.
6. Arnold, James N. Vital Record of Rehoboth, 1642-1896: Marriages, Intentions, Births, Deaths. Providence, R.I.: Narragansett historical publishing company, 1897, Page 839.
7. New Plymouth Colony. Records of the Colony of New Plymouth, In New England. Boston: Press of W. White, 1855, Volume 8 page 63, burial.