( - Bef 1799)
Censuswith four whites in the household, listed as Alexander Dugan
Residenceattended church at Adams' Old Meetinghouse on the east fork of Sugar Creek bordering Buckeye Road
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:07:03 EST
My name is Walter R. (Ray) Duggins Jr. and I'm an eighth generation
Duggins. I noticed
a William A. Duggins, circa 1794, in your lineage. His father Alexander
Duggins Jr. was a brother to my great, great, great grandfather, David Duggins
Don't know if you're interested or not, but we have info relative to the
Duggins who came over from Ireland. You may have had this data already but
felt it not necessary for your purposes. His name was Ellick Duggins and was
born about 1725 in Ireland.
I'm convinced that I'm related in some small way to every Duggins in the
United States and maybe even in Ireland. Possibly even some other branches of
Let me know if want the info.
1. , , P. 817.
2. , International Genealogical Index (IGI) (: ), source 8728005 sheet 55 (Duggins.VA.001).
3. Marriage Bonds and Other Marriage Records of Amherst County, Virginia 1763-1800 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1973), p. 26 (Duggins.VA.002). Hereinafter cited as Marriage Bonds and Other Marriage Records of Amherst County, Virginia 1763-1800.
4. Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940, Salley Smith, 22 Jan 1788; database online, Ancestry.com (www.ancestry.com : viewed online July 2016).
5. Dodd, Jordan, "Virginia, Marriages, 1660-1800,"Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com (www.ancestry.com : viewed online (July 2016), Salley Smith.
6. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 database, Ancestry.com (https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/7836/). Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 : accessed .
7. "Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940," database, FHL microfilm 30273, Family Search (familysearch.org : viewed online October 2016), Alexander Duggins Jr / Salley Smith 22 Jan 1788; Amherst County, Virigina reference p. 40.
8. , , , ; digital images, (: accessed ).
9. History of Garrard County Kentucky and Its Churches (New York: Hobson Book Press, 1947)
10. Madison County, Kentucky Taxpayers, 1787-1799 (Miami Beach, FL: T.L.C. Genealogy, 1992), p. 76 (Crawford.KY.134). Hereinafter cited as Madison County, Kentucky Taxpayers, 1787-1799.
11. E-mail message, online RAYDUGGINS@aol.com.