(April, 1722 - Aft 1810)
ReligionFirst Congregational Church, known as The Road, 1st church in Stonington, organized in 1674, it still stands in the same location with a newer building after a fire in 1829. The plain Puritan design, beams and box style pews were built in to the new church building. The church doors open to the front of the church so walking in to the nave the congregation is facing the doors.
CensusThis must be Deborah, william Dewey is a neighbor, ages of tick marks match, same location as 1800 census.
DeathNo death record, this is an estimated death.
1. Ancestry.com, Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630-1920, Provo, UT, USA; Date: 2013, Volume 092 Preston page 198.
2. Dewey, Adelbert M. Life of George Dewey, Rear Admiral, U.S.N.; And Dewey Family History. Westfield, Mass.: Dewey publishing company, 1898, Page 732, 733.
3. Wheeler, Richard. History of the First Congregational Church, Stonington, Conn., 1674-1874, Salem, Mass.: Higginson Book Co., 1997, Page 235 Statistics of the church.
4. FamilySearch.org. Connecticut marriages 1640-1939, FamilySearch.org, 1 May 2018., FHL 0077300055 image 177 of 1161 not indexed. Item 4: Certificates of marriage, birth and death, 1811-1844.
5. Wheeler, Richard. History of the First Congregational Church, Stonington, Conn., 1674-1874, Salem, Mass.: Higginson Book Co., 1997, Page 252 Statistics of the church David Dewey and Deborah Tracy.
6. United States Census 1790 database, FamilySearch.org, 14 June 2016. Citing NARA microfilm publication M637, Washington, D.C., FHL 0568141 Digital Folder 005157133 Image 00038 (25 of 99).
7. United States Census 1800 database, FamilySearch.org, 14 June 2016. Citing NARA microfilm publication M32, Washington, D.C., FHL 205620 Digital Folder 004956021 Image 00194 (2 of 18).
8. United States Census 1810 database, FamilySearch.org, 14 June 2016, NARA microfilm publication M252, FHL 0281231 Digital Folder 005157124 Image 00142 (4 of 10).