(March 19, 1752 - December 29, 1822)
BirthHis parents are Peter Newcomb and Hannah English
MilitaryNewcomb, William in Captain William Richard's Company. Enlisted April 28, 1777, Term 8 months. He was at Valley Forge with Washington's army i December 19, 1777. Discharged January 12, 1778.
BurialInscription: O may I stand before the Lamb when earth and seas are fled; and hear the Judge pronounce my name with blessings on my head.
1. Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office. Record of Service of Connecticut Men In the I. War of the Revolution, II. War of 1812, III. Mexican War. Hartford: Case, Lockwood and Brainard Co, 1889, Page 152 Connecticut in the Revolution Index.
2. Kellogg, Lucy Jane (Cutler). History of the Town of Bernardston, Franklin County, Massachusetts. 1736-1900: With Genealogies. Greenfield, Mass.: Press of E.A. Hall and co., 1902, Page 442 Genealogies William Newcomb.
3. Ancestry.com. U.S., Revolutionary War Rolls, 1775-1783 Ancestry.com Operations Inc, Provo, UT, USA 2007, Connecticut 1st Regiment, 1777-1780 (Folders 7-10) image 369 of 604.
4. Ancestry.com, Massachusetts Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., Provo, UT, USA, 2011, Bernardston Births, Marriages and Death page 57.
5. Ancestry.com. Massachusetts, Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991, Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015., Franklin County Massachusetts Probate Files, Ca. 1812-1915 Franklin Probate Files, 3342-3382, 9 pages image 382 of 1110 William Newcombs’s will, estate papers.
6. Ancestry.com. Massachusetts, Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991, Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015., Franklin County, Massachusetts Probate Files, Ca. 1812-1915 Franklin Probate Files, 3342-3382 image 579 of 1110 will and estate of William Newcomb.
7. Find A Grave online indexed database, https://www.findagrave.com, Old Cemetery, Bernardston, Franklin County, Massachusetts, USA Memorial 122463588.