(1630 - March, 1676)
When free John settled in Chelmsford, was granted land, married, had a family. then in February, March and April of 1676 King Philips war came to Chelmsford, homes were burned, people killed. John was -numbered among the fallen-.
ArrivalJohn was a prisoner, taken in the Battle of Dunbar when English soldiers commanded by Oliver Cromwell defeated the Scottish army commanded by David Leslie.
Civil28 year old John in Samuel Richardson's will: For services of servants those time to come, illegible for John Wattels servis, could be John is inventory or could be John owes a debt to Samuel.
1. Ancestry.com Passengers to America [database on-line]. Ancestry.com, Scotch Prisoners Sent to Massachusetts in 1652 page 146- 149 image 158 of 567.
2. Ancestry.com. Massachusetts, Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991, Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015., Middlesex Probate Records 1648--1924 Middlesex County Probate Papers, No 19111-19216 image 68 of 1250 counter on page maybe 000066.
3. The Society. The New England Historical and Genealogical Registry Volume 51. Boston, The Society 1897 , Volume 51 page 308 Chelmsford Marriages.
4. Ancestry.com. U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700, Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.; Provo, UT, USA, Page 786 Waddell John and Mary Goole 25 Dec 1666 Chelmsford, she m. 2nd Talbot.
5. Find A Grave online indexed database, https://www.findagrave.com, Canton Corner Cemetery, Memorial 54698137.