(2 Jun 1894 - Abt Mar 1948)
BaptismExtract from parish register: Baptisms solemnized in the parish of Chalgrove in the county of Oxford in the year 1893-4.
Date: 5 August 1894
Name: Richard Gordon
Parents: Richard & Maria Elizabeth
Father's occupation: Labourer
By: C Blaimie-Brown, Vicar
CensusListed as Richard Gordon
MilitaryFrom service Record:
No: 23850 Labour Corps & 91452 - Devon Regiment
Name: Gordon Richard Hurst
Address: Chalgrove, Wallingford, Berks
Age: 21 years 6 months
Attestation dated: 10 Dec 1915
Description: Height: 5 feet - Chest (expanded): 34 inches Expansion: 3 inches
Next of Kin: Richard Hurst - Chalgrove, Wallingford, Berks -Father
Campaigns: Home: 10 Dec 1915 - 13 June 1916 - E.F. France: 14 June 1916 to ....
Medals: British War Medal & Victory Medal
1939 Registration (England & Wales)At the same address at least one closed record.
1. GRO (England & Wales) Birth Registrations Index, 1894 Jul/Sep - Thame - Vol: 3a Page: 773.
2. 1939 Register - England & Wales, RG101/2205B/009 Letter Code: DZDS.
3. Oxfordshire, England - Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813 - 1915, Oxfordshire Family History Society; Oxford, Oxfordshire, England; Anglican Parish Registers; Reference Number: PAR57/1/R2/2.
4. 1901 Census of England and Wales , Class: RG13; Piece: 1373; Folio: 6; Page: 4..
5. 1911 Census of England and Wales, Class: RG14; Piece: 8076; Schedule Number: 17..
6. 1911 Census of England and Wales, Class: RG14; Piece: 8076; Schedule Number: 17..
7. British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920, Hurst, Gordon Richard.
8. GRO (England & Wales) Marriage Registration Index , 1920 Jan/Mar - Thame - Vol: 3a Page: 1846.
9. 1939 Register - England & Wales, RG101/2205B/009 Letter Code: DZDS.